Just recieved a message from a frank kwabena.Pretty sure its spam..This is just a heads up to steer clear.

Charles

Views: 368

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just got the same msg. Thanks for the heads up.

Got it as well. Immediately knew it's spam. Profile shows he's from Ghana. lol. 

I received it as well.... can only be spam

I also received the email..

Received same bullsh#t  mail from the same chop, these idiots are everywhere. BEWARE, is the administrator of the page aware of this ?

Howzit Dene,

Ol' Frank Kwabena has signed up three times to Shot Bru. He is obviously a surfer because he knows the answer to our security question (what stance is the opposite of NATURAL?). Ha ha!

Just a question, is he e-mailing you directly to your personal address or is he messaging you here on Shot Bru and you're getting a notification via your personal e-mail? If it's the former then it's a much more serious problem because he has access to your personal e-mail address. If it's the latter then it's still a problem because he is an annoyance and a scam artist, but at least he doesn't have your personal details (which is only visible to admin).

Either way we've deleted his third profile and hopefully he won't try again.

Dene M said:

Received same bullsh#t  mail from the same chop, these idiots are everywhere. BEWARE, is the administrator of the page aware of this ?

It seems to be he goes to your shot bru profile and then emails you.

Thanks Kim.

At least this tells us that he doesn't have access to your personal e-mail address but tries to make contact through Shot Bru. His profile has been deleted again and we appreciate being informed of scam artists like this. Unfortunately it is difficult to stop him from signing up again because he does so with a different e-mail address each time.

We are just thankful that our Shot Bru contributors are experienced enough to spot a scam artist from a mile away and avoid communicating any further. We'll be sending out a notice to all members to be on the lookout for such shady characters.

Have an excellent week further.

Kim Bouchier said:

It seems to be he goes to your shot bru profile and then emails you.

Thanks Calvin, yes he emailed me, I did not see a message on my profile. Not all surfers can be good I am afraid, we hope he stays away.
 
Calvin - Administrator said:

Howzit Dene,

Ol' Frank Kwabena has signed up three times to Shot Bru. He is obviously a surfer because he knows the answer to our security question (what stance is the opposite of NATURAL?). Ha ha!

Just a question, is he e-mailing you directly to your personal address or is he messaging you here on Shot Bru and you're getting a notification via your personal e-mail? If it's the former then it's a much more serious problem because he has access to your personal e-mail address. If it's the latter then it's still a problem because he is an annoyance and a scam artist, but at least he doesn't have your personal details (which is only visible to admin).

Either way we've deleted his third profile and hopefully he won't try again.

Dene M said:

Received same bullsh#t  mail from the same chop, these idiots are everywhere. BEWARE, is the administrator of the page aware of this ?

Thanks for the heads up. I received one too

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

Forum

9yr old Grom being bullied at J-Bay 3 Replies

Continue

Started by murray Ralfe. Last reply by Robbie Irlam Jun 14.

Camera Lens

Hey guys .I'm looking at getting a new lens for my camera , something ideal for quality crisp pics , but something at a reasonable price #studentlife!Any suggestions??Thanks!Continue

Started by Carla Voigt Jun 12.

Housings 8 Replies

Hi guys, I would like to know what types of housings you guys are using?Currently have a EOS 60D that I would like to upgrade but before that I want to see what a housing would cost...might keep it…Continue

Tags: eos, canon, housing, underwater

Started by Michael de Nysschen. Last reply by Luke Swinney Apr 15.

GoPro Hero 4 Black for sale with accessories

Accessories:2 x Batteries & Dual ChargerNeutral Density ND filterUV underwater filtersSuction Cup MountChesty MountSurfboard MountsAnti-fog KitMini TripodFloaty & More Mounts…Continue

Started by cea-leggs Feb 22.

SHOT BRU DISCLAIMER:

You are responsible for the photos and videos you submit to Shot Bru. If you didn’t take the shot yourself, or make the video, get permission from the owner first. If you’ve got your eyes on a Shot Bru prize or a spot in the pages of the main mag, please upload to Shot Bru before sending your photos on Facebook and other surfing websites cyber rounds. Fresh photos get priority for prizes and print. Finally, by loading image(s) onto Shot Bru you are granting Zigzag permission to feature your image(s) in the magazine, on the website and across our social media platforms free of charge.

Waveski, SUP, etc shots regularly get deleted due to a technical glitch. This glitch does not seem to affect surfing shots, which shotbru.co.za was designed for. We are having our developer look into the problem.

PLEASE NOTE: If you are posting a pic of a secret / semi-secret spot or a sensitive location, DO NOT say where it is. Shot Bru is for sharing photos and stoke. Not for exposing secret spots. The administrator reserves the right to change the description or nuke the shot if you don’t comply.

If you are going to upload photos of secret or very sensitive surf spots. Be vague about the location, or better yet flat out lie. We're okay with either.

Latest Activity

Tameryn-Shane posted photos
12 hours ago
Tameryn-Shane posted a photo

IMG_5016SB

MMP Juniors
yesterday
Tameryn-Shane posted a photo

IMG_5015SB

MMP Junior
yesterday
Jurgens Swarts posted photos
yesterday
Ty Lahner posted photos
Wednesday
Shaun leon venter is now a member of Shot Bru
Wednesday
Tameryn-Shane posted a photo

IMG_4938sb

Airborne. This shot takes me back to the 80s/90s. Beside mother nature, photo bombing my shot. It is still one of my favorites.
Tuesday
Phil Craig posted photos
Tuesday

RSS

_MG_6728

by chris clarke kelly slater riding off into the sunset

2018_MG_9806 Copryright Neil Hellerle (Neil H Photography)

by Neil H Photography Dan Redman Sequence 1.

G0091734-4

by Craggi Kreations Kenny Andrews

© 2018   Created by Shot Bru Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service